Share This Article
It’s important to know that there are different places to pull your credit score from. It’s up to the lender which one they use, but the one most largely used is the FICO score. Keep note that different places offer credit scores. This is important when you’re pulling your credit score either from a paid or free agency. The most common places a score can be pulled from include:
- FICO: This was mentioned earlier and is the most popular scoring model. It ranges from 300 to 850 and gathers its information from the large credit reporting agencies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
- VantageScore: This scoring model is the second most popular after FICO score.
- PLUS score: This scoring model is based only on your Experian credit report. Most lenders don’t use it.
- TransRisk score: Just like PLUS score was developed by Experian, TransRisk was developed by TransUnion.
- Equifax score: As the name suggests, this scoring model is based on your Equifax score.