Share This Article
The amount of time you’ve had credit makes a difference in your credit score. In fact, after payment history and amounts owed, length of credit history is the most influential part of your FICO score.
Length of credit history means…
- Age of your oldest credit account
- Age of your newest credit account
- Average age of all your accounts
- How long various credit accounts have been opened, such as mortgages, credit cards and auto loans.
- Length of time since different types of credit accounts have been used.
Keep the length of your credit history in mind the next time you check your credit score. The longer you can prove your history, the better the it looks towards your credit score.